WE PROVIDE NATIONWIDE FORKLIFT COURSES
The most common of all forklift trucks in use today across all workforces for materials handling operations is the counterbalance forklift truck. They come in a vast range of many sizes and capacities from small, manoeuvrable electric 3 wheelers of 1000kg capacity through to huge 50,000kg capacity diesel machines. The most common are 2,500kg capacity electric, diesel and LPG machines.
Ace Trainers deliver professional accredited training in the safe operation of a forklift truck
• Course introduction and induction
• Health & safety at work act 1974
• Lifting operations and lifting equipment regulations 1998
• Provision & use of work equipment regulations 1998.
• Approved code of practice
• Operator safety and observation
• Pre-Shift checks & test
• Defect reporting procedures
• Lift Truck stability – engineering principles and weight assessment
• Driving within simulated working conditions
• Manoeuvring skills
• Rated capacity & load centres
• Hydraulic system and use of the controls
• Stacking & de-stacking – load handling skills
• Vehicle loading and offloading
• Refuelling and recharging procedures including battery handling and housing
• Theoretical examination
• Practical examination
1-day refresher course for up to 3 existing operators – delegates who have already held a valid certification for a counterbalance forklift truck 3-day experienced training course for up to 3 delegates -who have some but little experience on a counterbalance forklift truck 5-day novice training course for up to 3 delegates -who have no experience on a counterbalance forklift truck
Each delegate will be given a theoretical (multi-choice format) test to assess their job-related safety knowledge, pre-use and a practical test, upon successful completion a certificate of basic training will be awarded.
As an accredited training organisation, we can offer a certification either at a non-accredited level (known as in house) training which allows the delegates to use this training for your company only, or we can also offer a national photo ID certificate at a cost of £20.00 per person. This then enables the trainee to operate (with permission) anywhere in the UK. Their names and details are kept on a national database. The certificate is valid throughout the UK and will be recognised by both employment agencies and perspective employers.
When conducting training at customers’ premises we will require the following:
• An open area either indoors or outdoors
• Several pallets both empty and loaded
• The use of any racking if available
• A room in which to carry out the theory training