ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GETTING YOUR CAT D LICENCE
Become a Bus or Coach Driver
We provide all the PCV training materials, advice and support you need to get started as a professional driver. With information on which PCV course to go on, and where, to getting accredited and attaining your first job, we`ll be there to organise, support and advise you every step of the way.
We offer training for the following categories:
• Category D Automatic / Manual
• Category D1
• Category D1 + E
• Refresher courses
To become a bus or coach driver you need to:
• Have a full car licence
• Be over 18
• Get a professional driving qualification called the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
Both bus and coach driver training come under the PCV licence, previously known as PSV. Becoming a professional Passenger Carrying Vehicle driver in the UK is a great way to gain a stable life long, recession proof and lucrative career.
Licence Categories We Train For
Want to get behind the wheel of a large passenger carrying vehicle (PCV) such as a bus or coach? Then you will need to qualify for a PCV D licence…
CAt D1 MINIBUS
To drive a minibus, you will need a PCV D1 licence, which is the entry level qualification that anyone wanting to get behind the wheel of a passenger…
At HGV PCV Training our friendly staff will be able to assist you in completing the simple steps below in order to obtain your PCV licence.
1. Contact HGV PCV Training on 0800 7999 733
2. Complete Provisional Entitlement Form (D2) and Medical Form (D4) and send to DVLA
3. Prepare and Pass your Theory and Hazard Perception Test. We will provide you with the training material
4. Start your Practical Training with one of our DSA approved qualified instructors
5. Undertake and Pass your Practical Test